Earl Campbell's hearty sausage & potato hash
Cheese Scrambled Eggs
Nice piece of steak
Your favorite hot sauce
1 lb Earl Campbell’s Smoked Sausage diced or sliced, as desired
1 small yellow or white onion roughly diced
½ green bell pepper roughly diced
½ red bell pepper roughly diced
1 lb of diced Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes (par boiled with vinegar, skins-on to get crispy results)
Extra virgin olive oil (this recipe will use anywhere from 2 to 5 tablespoons).
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. The secret to a good hash is cooking all ingredients in separate batches to obtain maximum flavor and texture. That being said:
2. Par-boil your potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar – -10 minutes is enough. Check them through the boiling and make sure they are not cooked through. Drain and set aside.
3. Cook and crisp the sausage with olive oil on a large skillet. Set aside with drippings.
4. Cook, stir-fry like (which is fast and on high heat) your peppers and onions- set aside with drippings.
5. In the same skillet, add more olive oil and butter and finish cooking the potatoes by crisping them on medium high heat. Once cooked, add the rest of the ingredients with the drippings and mix well on medium-low heat to heat through and season to taste.