Earl Campbell's Holiday Spicy Sausage Dipping Cheese
5 cups more or less
Homemade blue corn tortilla chips (or store bought)
Chopped fresh cilantro
1 pound Earl Campbell’s spicy sausage, ground
2 8oz. packages cream cheese**
1 10 oz. can of tomatoes & chilies sauce (mild or hot, your choice)
Chopped green onion
**Can be replaced with 8 oz of processed yellow cheese like Velveeta.
1. In a large skillet, cook ground sausage. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Cube the cream cheese and melt over very low heat in a sauce pan or crock pot.
3. Add the sausage and the can of tomatoes & chilies while continuing to heat, stirring gently.
4. Best if served on a dish you can keep warm like a small crock pot or fondue pot.
5. Garnish with green onion.