Earl Campbell's JUICY TRI-MEAT & SAUSAGE BURGERS
8 -12 servings depending on the patty size (regular burger or sliders)
Grilled/toasted Kaiser, pretzel buns or soft Hawaiian sweet buns
Top with the peppers/onions relish
Add your favorite condiments such as ketchup or Sriracha mayo, mustard, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato
½ pound Earl Campbell’s sausage, diced (mild or spicy sausage)
½ pound ground chicken
½ pound ground beef
¼ cup of red onion finely diced
2 cloves of garlic super finely chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup seasoned Panko or breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
1 large sliced onion
1 chopped Jalapeño, seeds removed
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon of our favorite flavored vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
1. Remove casings from sausage and crumble. This step may be done using food processor
2. Mix the crumbled sausage in a large bowl with the ground chicken and beef.
3. Add the chopped onion and garlic, the Worcestershire sauce, the egg and the panko or breadcrumbs.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Form your patties, put on a tray, cover with foil and refrigerate for an hour before cooking so they maintain their form.
6. Grill or fry on a shallow pan with 1 teaspoon of oil.
For the Relish
In a skillet, sauté onions, jalapeño and peppers with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in medium heat, add vinegar and honey, salt & pepper to taste. Stir constantly to avoid burning due to the sugars in the honey.